Friday, December 17, 2010

Feel Goods

Well in the past week I have had to really wonderful feel good moments. The first came last Monday. We had a work party at LC Ranch. Dough was able to bring Sandra. It is so nice to see her going again! I guess I'll think anything is better than what I saw of her this past summer. I have to tell you about a funny moment I had there. So Doug was coming around to all of the tables asking everyone where there spouce was or where their partners were. So he gets to me and asks, "Where's your partner Mandy?" I looked up at Doug and said, "I'm not Mandy, but she doesn't have one either." You could see the wheels turning in his head. Then he asked me if I was Megan. I told him no again that I was not Meg. Then he asked me who I was. I smiled and told him I was the youngest. Perplexed he asked Sandra who I was. First she said Connie because that's who Dough pointed to. Doug told her no. Then he said Beth's youngest. Now I believe Sandra was saying my name. Everyone else thought she was saying "can't see." So Doug brought her over and she said my name. I looked up and Doug and said, "See, she remembers my name. What's your excuse?" It was pretty funny!
My other feel good moment came this morning. During choir practice Sally came in. She took a couple of minutes and talked to us. She told us how thankful she was that we went to go and sing to her dad, my neighbor Ralf. She started to cry and told us that was all he could talk about last night. He stayed up and talked to her. She said it definitely cheered him up! This made me feel great about myself.
Last but not least I would like to say I am very proud of my choir. We are so amazing. Tomorrow we have the opportunity to sing to Sandra and at the Capitol Theatre as a pre-show to The Nutcracker. I am so excited. I guess a better word would be ecstatic. I know that if we perform as well as we did yesterday, it will be simply amazing!

No comments: